In Tiffany Nguyen, travel photographer and new HOTO Brand Ambassador, we’ve seen talent, creativity, and the adventurous spirit of someone who can Make It Happen. Read more to see what she has to share with us.
1. We’ve known you through your work as a travel photographer. However, you are also a dentist! When did you find your passion for traveling and outdoor activities? And how did it become part of your life?
For me, traveling and photography go hand in hand. I love being able to capture my favorite moments outside to encourage others to go on their own adventures. It was during my last semester of dental school that I found my passion for the outdoors. This started with weekend trips to nearby destinations, but before long I had a strong desire to travel internationally. I wanted to keep exploring and the ability to share my photography really pushed me to travel to more places on my bucket list. It eventually became an integral part of my life and I can’t imagine life without photography or traveling now.
2. How has your lifestyle changed since you’ve taken on travel photography?
Photography has become such a big part of my life. Before I got into photography, I hadn’t traveled very much at all. But ever since I found my passion for photography, it’s taken me to some incredible places around the world and showed me the importance of living a more balanced lifestyle. I’ve made it a priority to explore new places, find unique perspectives, and immerse myself in new cultures. Each place I’ve been has shaped me into the person I am today and has informed my perspective on life and the world. I’m forever grateful for the lifestyle it’s given me.
3. During your outdoor visits, there must be some travel essentials. What is something you can’t go without? Could the HOTO Tire Inflator become a must-have?
When I’m going on a road trip, my must have travel essentials include my camera gear and accessories, everything I need to make sure my car runs smoothly, my favorite snacks, and good tunes for the car ride. Being able to easily fit a lifesaver like the HOTO Tire Inflator in my glove compartment makes it a total no-brainer.
4. If we were to ask you to recall some memorable travel destinations, what are the first to appear in mind? In your opinion, what are the “once in a lifetime” destinations?
My most memorable travel destinations are Japan, Alberta, Canada, Norway, Yosemite, and Vietnam. You’ll definitely want to add these destinations to your bucket list if you haven’t been already. They all have something different to offer and each has such unique things to photograph and experience.
5. “Make It Happen” is HOTO’s core value and drive to make tools to inspire by letting creativity flow. From your standpoint, what would “Make It Happen” mean to you? What would you say that are the worthy and valuable things in life to “Make It Happen”? Has there been any recent “Make It Happen” moments in your life?
To me, “Make It Happen” means taking risks and saying yes to opportunities that come your way. A big “Make It Happen” moment for me was when I decided to pursue photography as a career. I veered away from the straight line path and took a leap of faith to pursue my passion. Sometimes things like this are unexpected and unplanned, but that doesn’t mean it’s not meant to be.